Suzumiya Haruhi no Tsumeawase – Gekichu Kashu Single OST

July 29th, 2010 18 Commented

I just got myself another wonderful single a week ago. I’m sure that this single is no stranger to you, just by looking at the heading or the front cover of the CD. This single was first released on June 21, 2006 (yes, I know… I’m kinda left behind). I’ll let you know of how I come to know about the songs in the CD later.

Did you know?

The Suzumiya Haruhi no Tsumeawase CD is the first single sung by voice actors or actresses to stay on the chart for 100 weeks (about 2 years). It ranked as high as #5 on the weekly chart, #15 on the monthly chart, and #106 on the yearly chart after its release on June 21, 2006. It has also sold a record sales of 136,000 copies after its debut.

[Reference Source – July 17, 2008]

These are the images of the front and back cover.

The track listing is as follows.

1. God knows…
    • Lyrics: Aki Hata
  3. Koi no Mikuru Densetsu
    • Vocals: Yuko Goto
    • Music: Satoru Kousaki
    • Arrangement: Satoru Kousaki
    • Lyrics: Yutaka Yamamoto

Here’s the lyrics accompanied by colourful and vibrant illustrations.

The opposite side is a mini poster of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Now, back to the question of how I get to know about these songs. While brainstorming for some ideas, I was trying to find some easy listening piano music on You-Tube. Surprisingly, I was marveled by the person who played "God Knows…" on the piano. His skills… I can’t find any words to describe. I suggest that you listen to the following video and judge it.

After being amazed and impressed by the piano piece, I did another search to know more about the songs, "God Knows…" and "Lost My Music". Gosh! They are the perfect songs for me, especially when I’m trying hard to write some pieces of complicated code. The song could simply energize me with its rhythmic drum beats and wonderful sound of electronic guitars, and of course, Aya Hirano’s powerful vocals.

Unfortunately, I don’t really like the third song in this CD. It just doesn’t suit me. So, I’ve only included a short clip that showcases "God Knows…" and "Lost My Music" taken from YouTube for your listening pleasure. Also, I’ve got to be long-winded and say this again…

PLEASE BUY ORIGINAL AND AVOID PIRACY!

Lastly, if you like the songs and would like to own a copy of the CD too, you can purchase the Soundtrack – Suzumiya haruhi no Tsumeawase – Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Gekichu Kashu Single at Play-Asia.com

Official Haruhi Suzumiya website

, , , , , ,

18 responses to “Suzumiya Haruhi no Tsumeawase – Gekichu Kashu Single OST”

God Knows very nice,but I lost faith with Haruhi after endless eight.

It feels like so long ago that I first heard “God Knows…” on Haruhi. It’s a good song, I can see how it managed to stay on the oricon charts for so long.

You guys are the pro. *LOL*
      I’m no anime pro. :) But, I bet there are many more very nice anime songs out there which I’ve not discovered yet. I only know K-ON!’s, Haruhi’s and probably Love Hina’s. It’s kinda limited here.

yeah good choice
    I love these songs “God knows” and “Lost my music” especially the E-guitar parts in them.

woot!? you haven’t watched Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
    It’s a good show and one of my favorite anime ;)

@Fabienne
      We share the same sentiments. The sound of the e-guitar is superb. As for the anime, I’ll give it a try. Thanks for the reminder. :)

4. Great choice, myself i should get a copy =.=
    anyway its god knows when, hopefully soon ;)

God Knows is one of my favorite songs. I love it!

Haven’t watched a single episode of Haruhi too and I guess this is the first time I heard these songs ^^; but I really like the melody of God Knows.

That’s a pretty cool poster that the CD comes with ^^. I loved the song God Knows. I always mention how I liked it in the anime because of the spit that comes out of Haruhi’s mouth and you can see sweat xD. I like details like that in a anime xD. I don’t think you need to watch the anime ^^;;, it still confuses me why the anime is so popular. I have come to believe it’s only popular because the Hare Hare dance and the cosplaying for it ^^;;.

@AS:
      Ah… I watched the Hare Hare Dance on You-Tube before. The song is very good too. Regarding your confusion on the reason why the anime is so popular… Hmmm.. I guess it’s the power of Haruhiism. :)

8. Psycho says:

What size of that mini poster of Suzumiya Haruhi? From here it looks like 30cm square.

9. mikiwank says:

I listen every day these songs on my Ipod